School Logo

What to do if you are not satisfied with a decision or what is happening

Your first point of contact is always the person responsible in school – this may be the class teacher or the SENDCo. Explain your
concerns to them first. If you are not satisfied that your concern has been addressed - speak to the head teacher, then ask for
the school governors representative. (SEND link governor) If you do not feel the issues have been resolved, we will provide
information about our Pupil Appeals Sub-Committee.

If your concern is with the local authority, follow a similar path. The local authority has a panel of senior managers who consider
unresolved issues – we call this the Escalation and Resolution Panel. They will offer you an independent mediator if you are still not satisfied. This person will act as a mediator in a meeting with the person you need to reach an agreement with.

SENDiass (Special Educational Needs Disability Information Advice Support Service) provides free confidential and impartial
information, advice and support to disabled children and young people aged 0-25, those that have or may have special educational
needs, and their parents. Phone: 01706 769634